If you decide to transfer funds from an existing ISA into a MAVEN Bonds IFISA - which you are able to do without affecting your current ISA allowance - the process is straightforward.
We advise you to download a copy of the MAVEN Bonds Information Memorandum to understand more about how MAVEN Bonds work, who makes up the experienced team and how returns are generated before deciding to invest. If you have any further questions, you can schedule a call with the investment team.
Before you begin, you must be registered on the MAVEN Bonds platform, which you can do by registering here or by logging in.
Once you have logged in to your dashboard, click ‘profile’ and then ‘IFISA details.’ If you have just registered, you will be required to read the IFISA declaration and enter your national insurance number.
You will then have the option to ‘transfer in’ under the IFISA account balances section.
After this, you will be guided through steps 1 - 5. Here’s an overview of what they will entail;
1. Select your transfer type. Are you transferring a Cash ISA, Stocks and Shares ISA, or an IFISA?
2. Input the name and address of your current ISA manager.
3. Input details of your current ISA e.g. sort code, roll number (where applicable) and select whether you’d like to transfer the entirety of your current ISA, or only part.
4. Let us know when we should request your current ISA manager make the transfer. This will be dependent on factors including whether your current ISA is in the middle of a fixed term.
5. Print, sign and post your transfer authority form. The details of where to post will be provided in the accompanying cover letter.
After this process is complete, you will receive email updates on the status of your transfer, and you are also able to log in to your MAVEN Bonds dashboard to view progress updates.
When the requested amount has been transferred (time-frame is dependent upon your current ISA manager), you are able to choose your bond series and progress with investment into MAVEN Bonds with an IFISA.
MAVEN Bonds are an IFISA provider specialising in fixed term property bonds.
Against a backdrop of low interest rates and a volatile stock market, the IFISA can provide an attractive investment opportunity for experienced investors.
With the ability to hold peer-to-peer loans and debt-based securities, IFISA investments have the potential to generate higher rates of return than more traditional investment routes for investors with a greater appetite for risk.
To find out more, download our free IFISA guide.